No alcohol for you this summer? No problem! Celebrate the season with non-alcoholic, refreshing mocktails. These drinks are sure to add style to any party celebration.
Take out your mocktail glasses and follow the given recipes to WOW your friends and family.
Cucumber and Elderflower Spritzer
This is a lovely thirst quenching drink, best served with plenty of ice on a really warm, summer day.
- 1 cucumber
- ½ bottle of alcohol-free white wine
- 200 ml Elderflower cordial
- 2 liters soda water
- Chop the cucumber, place it in a blender and add the wine and Elderflower cordial
- Strain the pulp mixture into a large jug using a sieve strain
- Add 2 tbsp of the cucumber pulp from the sieve to the strained liquid
- Add plenty of ice to the glass and fill halfway with the cucumber and elderflower mix, top it up with soda water
- Garnish it with mint sprigs
Mango Mint Spicy Mocktail
Want something fizzy with a kick? The spicy taste sensation of the mango mint spicy mocktail will surely get the party going.
- 2 cups sparkling water or soda water
- 2 cups mango nectar
- Finely chopped 5 to 6 mint leaves
- 2 slices jalapeno pepper
- Chaat masala to sprinkle
- 1 to tbsp sugar (if needed)
- Cut thin pieces of jalapeno pepers. A slice per glass must be good enough, but it isn’t spicy enough, feel free to add more.
- Mix the mango puree and sparkling water in a jar. If using sugar, use that too.
- Pour the mixture in a glass and sprinkle mint leaves, chaat masala and a slice of jalapeno pepper.
Passion Fruit Thyme Mocktail
This mocktail is so tasty that you will forget it is a non-alcoholic drink!
- ¾ ounce simple syrup (make it by combining ½ cup granulated syrup and ½ cup water in a saucepan over medium heat)
- 1 passion fruit
- 2 large sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 ounces distilled water
- ¼ ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- Scoop pulp from passion fruit and add it in a pint mixing glass. Also, add on sprig of thyme and press it several times with a cocktail muddler.
- Add lime juice, distilled water, pineapple juice and simple syrup
- Fill the glass with ice and shake it vigorously
- Strain it into a cocktail glass and serve chilled.
Ginger Peach Bellini Mocktail
The terrific combination of sweet, ripe peaches and fiery ginger is sure to be a hit among your friends and family.
- 3 ripe peaches
- ½ inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 bottle non-alcoholic sparkling wine
- Peel and roughly chop peaches and ginger. Add to the blender and mix until smooth.
- Add 1 tsp sugar and mix well
- Pour 2 tbsp of the peach puree into champagne flutes
- Top the glass with sparkling wine and enjoy!
A refreshing non-alcoholic drink and a favorite of many! This is a perfect drink that can be enjoyed on a long summer evening.
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Small bunch of mint
- 4 limes
- Soda water
- Gently press and twist the sugar and mint leaves by using a pestle and mortar
- Cut 3 of the limes as wedges and add to the mix, squeeze to release the juice
- Add plenty of ice in the glass
- Pour the lime, mint and sugar mixture into the glass and top it up with soda water
- Garnish it with a lime wedge and sprig of mint
Banana Pine Colada
This is as healthy and refreshing as mocktails can get!
- 1 banana
- 240 ml pineapple juice
- 224g fresh pineapple
- ½ tin of coconut milk
- 1 small scoop vanilla ice-cream
- Add pineapple juice, banana, pineapple, coconut milk, ice cream and ice to the blender. Blitz it till smooth and creamy
- Pour it into a glass and garnish it with pineapple chunks
How many have you tried already from the list? Do comment with your favorite summer mocktail.